Design Service FAQs
Design Services available for local homeowners living in the Vancouver, Wa & Portland, Or, Metro Areas only
Yes, we offer in-home consultation or if you prefer you can schedule a visit to our showroom located in north Portland, Oregon.
- Yes, If you would like a designer to come out to your home, please contact us to schedule an appointment. CONTACT If
- You would like to visit our showroom, we welcome walk-ins during our normal showroom hours of Mon-Fri 10AM-5PM, you may also set an appointment prior to visiting our showroom as well.
- If coming into our local showroom please bring rough measurements of the space
- Appliance specs (if chosen)
- Inspiration photos are helpful, as well
Yes, your ideas, visiont and measurements will speed up the process. This is a good starting point. We will at some point in the process do our own measurements and inspection to guarantee the design will work best.
- Huggy Bear Cabinets does not charge any fees for initial consultations or estimates. A design agreement and retainer may be requested if you would like full design drawings but are not yet ready to commit to your total project. That retainer is then credited in full to the final cost of the job.
- Yes, We are happy to work with your professional of choice. In fact much of our business involves the client’s own architect and designers. We always field measure and produce a computer drafted “shop” drawing. We would ask your designer to review this to verify the design intent is met.
Yes, we feel that the installation of our cabinets is a critical step in a quality job.
- This depends on the type of cabinets you want. Once we have received a ‘Order Confirmation’ (finalizing all the drawings, measurements, agreements, and sign off documentation) from that point some of our projects can be produced in as little as 4 weeks, and depending on the intricacy can take up to 7-15 weeks. Your Huggy Bear Cabinets designer will be able to provide a more specific range of time based on your project. Like most high quality products the extra attention to detail is well worth the time. The important thing to remember is that the sooner we start, the sooner you can be enjoying your finished cabinetry. Remember to contact us early in the planning stages of your project to ensure that you will get your cabinets when you need them….lead times vary throughout the year.
- Yes, we offer a Lifetime limited warranty that sets the standard for excellence in the industry. Our research shows that 60% of manufacturers on their websites do not provide any warranty. Less than 5% of manufacturers in the US offer a 10 year limited warranty. You can read our warranty HERE